DIY Beginner Wire Wrapped Ring Tutorial. Ring mandrels are really cheap ($3.50 and up) and if you’re making rings it’s a good investment to make. I’ve also posted tutorials where bloggers use candles instead and lots of wire wrapped jewelry posts here: truebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/wire, but I love this really detailed and clearly photographed tutorial from Lytha Studios here.
DIY Fishtail Bracelet, click through for the easy tutorial.
DIY Delicate Chain and Cord Bracelet Tutorial from Swellmayde here. I always love when blogs link to online supplies so I can see exactly what materials and sizes they are using.
Roundup Nine DIY Jewelry, Accessories and Fashion Tutorials PART TWO. Roundup of this past week. September 9th - September 15th, 2012. *For past roundups go here: trebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/roundup
- Mini Meditation Bottle from Acid Dreams and Sugar Highs Tutorial here.
- Jewelry Using Decorative Scrapbooking Brads Tutorial from Mich L. in LA here.
- Beginner Level Circle Necklace Tutorial from Wobisobi here.
- Collar Chain Using Earrings from Small Good Things here.
- Easy Eddie Borgo Inspired Router Necklace Tutorial from stripes + Sequins here. Right Photo: $315 Eddie Borgo Router gunmetal-plated and gold-tone earrings here, Left Photo: DIY by stripes + sequins.
- Delicate Chain and Cord Bracelet Tutorial from Swellmayde here.
- Paper Plane Nails from currentfixation here. via currentfixation
- Ralph Lauren Inspired Gold Feather Collar Tutorial from Crimenes de la Moda here.
- Making Stamps and Stamping on Fabric for Beginners with Templates from Boat People here.
DIY Leather and Chain Arrow Bracelet Tutorial from By Wilma here. Super easy DIY that you could make with other leather/pleather shapes.
DIY Stackable Shrink Plastic Rings Tutorial from Lana Red here. I posted several examples of laser cut acrylic stacking rings a long time ago that may provide inspiration for this project here.
Roundup Nine DIY Jewelry, Accessories and Fashion Tutorials PART THREE. Roundup of this past week. September 2nd - September 8th, 2012. *For past roundups go here: trebluemeandyou.tumblr.com/tagged/roundup
- DIY Easy Fishtail Bracelet Tutorial from Typical House Cat here. via mskristiina
- DIY Stitched + Adorned Inspired Braided Romance Necklace Tutorial by Thanks, I Made It at The Average Girl’s Guide here.
- DIY Dollar Store Halloween Hair Tutorial from Princess Piggies here. via halloweencrafts
- DIY Bleach Painted Skirt Tutorial from Lana Red here.
- DIY Shashi Inspired Gemstone Bracelet Tutorial from stripes + sequins here.
- DIY Restyled Purse to Hip Bag Tutorial from EPBOT here.
- DIY Folded Paper Necklace Tutorial from How About Orange here.
- DIY By Boe “Leather Reminder Earrings” Knockoff Tutorial from Small Good Things here.
- DIY Lace-Up Socks Tutorial from Urban Threads here.
Braided Brass Hex Nut Bracelets. Thanks to my new infatuation with Pinterest I have come across a number of fantastic ideas and DIY projects. This was such a wonderful and unexpected DIY gift find that I just had to try it myself! The bracelets were a smash with everyone who got one as a gift too.
These amazing pieces of wrist-candy are selling for upwards of $185 so spending the time to do it is truly worth your while! Follow the step by step instructions here. Please note my following tips as they will save you time:
1. The best size of brass hex nut is 8-32 (use 24 instead of the recommended 18 with this size) or 10-32, which are slightly bigger, here 18 is all you need. As far as where to buy these brass nuts, it was much more difficult to find than expected …. but ultimately Home Depot stocks them and the staff was very amused by my project.
2. For my projects I used kitchen twine which frayed too easily so I would recommend something that can be easily threaded through the nuts - check your local craft store and experiment for best results.
DIY Glass Eyeball Tutorial on the Cheap Tutorial by Cathe Holden from Craftzine here. The key is cheap flat backed gems (Dollar Store, Michaels, etc…) and eyeballs you can print out at the link. *I also posted DIY Eyeball Tableware with really cool eyeball clipart from Martha Stewart here.